Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Reality Of a Forensic Anthropologist following Christ

When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears
and delivers them out of all their troubles.
The 
Lord is near to the brokenhearted
and saves the crushed in spirit.
 Many are the afflictions of the righteous,
but the 
Lord delivers him out of them all.
He keeps all his
bones; not one of them is broken.
Psalm 34:17-20

This verse is perfect absolutely perfect for me... as an aspiring forensic anthropologist, I pretty much freak out every time I hear anything to do with bones...especially when it's coming from Jesus... what more could I ask for. I randomly discovered this Psalm tonight when I was searching for verses for the homeless people who I encountered today and whom I plan on checking in on until the end of my program. And I find it amazing how the Lord sneakily shows me verses about forensic anthropology. Especially since the other verse I found IN MY TEXTBOOK. It was sick nasty awesome. It was....

Ezekiel 37:1-3
The power of the Lord came over me. The Lord brought me out by his Spirit and put me down in the middle of a valley. The valley was filled with bones. He led me all around them. I saw that there were very many bones at the bottom of the valley, and they were very dry.
Then he asked me, “Son of man, can these bones live?”

I answered, “Only you know, Almighty Lord.”

Awesome right? 
The Lord is so good at exposing LIFE and FREEDOM, even in things that you never except... like Forensic Anthropology... which may I note is centered around death.

1 comment: