Monday, November 14, 2011

The Reality of Perseverance

My anatomy teacher today informed me that I believe I am entitled. That I believe I am above other students that I have some issue that makes me believe that I don't value her time. She continued on to inform me all the things that she considers wrong with me. Pretending that I have been a slacker. And all I wanted to do was punch her. I'm writing this in her class and I really really really wanna jump out of my seat and punch her in the face. I'm new. I have autoimmune. I have JRA. I probably have Lupus. I have fibromyalgia. I get anxious. I get sick. I have costochondritis. My body attacks the things that are good, and destroys me. I am sick pretty much everyday. I have Asthma. I have chronic bronchitis. I have vocal cord disorder. I'm allergic to smoke, gluten, dust, dairy, and practically everything. I have OCD. And sometimes I panic and you know what....
I don't care.
That's who I am, and I've accepted it.  It took years of feeling sorry for myself. It took years of praying I was normal. But you know what. Damn it. I love being ME. Because despite suffering from these things and missing abnormal amounts of class. I have more character than my anatomy could even dream of. I have more life and truth and love supporting me than she could even imagine. This woman is clearly not of the Lord. And as angry as I am at her for trying to guilt me and destroy my confidence. I am ABOVE her. Not that I'm a greater human. But, I know love, I know truth, and I know what it's like to live a life that is of substance and strong. I have preserved. The fact that she said all those things to me and I'm still here in her class shows that I have more courage than her. I am not going to be destroyed by her wickedness and sin. Because, I am of Him.


1 Corinthians 13:6-7 NIV Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.


Or as they say in one of my favorite songs, Centuries...
You will turn Your ear to me You will hear my cry for mercy You will loosen things unseen What can man do to me


So bring it on. Because I AM on the rock. And your hate will cause your home on sand to fail you.

No comments:

Post a Comment